Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Lazy Hazy Days of Summer

So here it is....June 22nd, officially the second day of summer and we've got a pretty typical Vancouver Day-read muggy, humid, cloudy and aupposed to hit 21 C. Ugh. I would just like a little sunshine please-please?

I just finished reading my crafty sister's blog and felt very inferior. For anyone who has a sister, you will recognize my innate sibling jealousy/rivalry. She has always been "crafty" while I peg myself as more "artsy", IE) She will recycle anything she can get her hands on and make something out of it....I'd rather buy a canvas and paint it. Both crafy, just different.

Anywho, I know no one follows this blog, probably becuase it has no theme (much like myself), so I'm gong to try to theme my days on my blog. Here's what I hope to accomplish...

MONDAY-Weekend Wind Up: I'll be writing about my weekend and what I did....this will most likely be a hodgepodge of various activities to catch up on my blog. Brilliant right?

TUESDAY-Tales of Teaching: I am a dance teacher and I teach on Mondays and Wednesdays for the 2010/2011 Season. ON Tuesday I will blog about issues and solutions for teachers (any type of teacher) in the classroom. Or I might just vent about my struggles and look forward to your input! It will be a great way to share about the joy & frustration of teaching.

WEDNESDAY-GLEEful: So during the regular TV season I will be writing about GLEE (my fave TV show). I like to talk about performances (live, theatre, music, tv anything really), but my fiance doesn't. SO, I'll be writing about it here....I may also post my own version of a Glee song from the episode that week sung by...yours truly. We'll see!

THURSDAY-So You Think You Can Dance: DUH! I will be ranting, or raving about the dances on SYTYCD (USA). I will give my expert opinion, and yes I can say expert becuase I have a degree in dance-SUCK IT! LOL I will also give my opinion of who should stay and who should go....they'll never be accurate, becuase I'm not America.

FRIDAY-Current Events: Friday will be the day I post about current events that are happening, maybe not necessarily local but possibly global, national; whatever is kinda getting under my skin. I have strong feelings about society in general, so it will give me a chance to vent, and hear about other people's feelings toward the issue...maybe even come up with some solutions.

SATURDAY-Craftastic: I will post any and all crafts I've been working on during the week....hopefully this will MAKE me be more productive. I am currently scrapbooking pictures of a trip to California that my then boyfriend (now fiance) and I went on in 2005. We drove from Vancouver to San Diego and back!!!!

SUNDAY-Rest: "And on the seventh day God finished his work which he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had done. 3 So God blessed the seventh day and hallowed it, because on it God rested from all his work which he had done in creation-Genesis." I'm not gonna lie, I'm lazy (efficient) so I probably won't post on Sunday so that I have time to enjoy my new home, my fiance and my life in general. You'll hear all about my weekend on Monday:)

So that about does it....Today is Tuesday so.....I will write about teaching in a little bit :) Also if you're new to my blog, I like to end with a little quote that realtes to my post, a little nugget of wisdom/thought provoking/idea that you can take with you on your day. Today it is about planning-since I am planning my Blog!
“In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.” Dwight Eisenhower
I think that pretty much sums up how this is gonna go.....there were a lot of GREAT planning quotes, but this one seemed most appropriate.

Thanks for reading.

PS: My finace's baba (Ukrainian for grandma) passed away yesterday (Monday June 21), so I will be going 'home' (Saskatchewan) for the funeral this weekend, so while I will try to follow my new plan this week, it may have to wait until next week. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.
Tears are God’s gift to us. Our holy water. They heal us as they flow. ~Rita Schiano, Sweet Bitter Love, 1997
Tears are God’s gift to us. Our holy water. They heal us as they flow. ~Rita Schiano, Sweet Bitter Love, 1997

3 comments:

Jill said...

Ambitious! I'm proud of you! I'll definitely help you out blog wise, although I feel like I still have a lot to learn and do with my own.

I know that for me personally I love knowing people read my blog and that I have followers and get comments etc. I can help you with this a bit too.

Here's a guide I consulted when I started my blog. It might help you a bit. http://www.etsy.com/storque/how-to/etsys-guide-to-blogging-2460/

Maybe this weekend we can spend some bloggy time together! :) Ty and Adam could do what ever it is they do, and we could blog. :P

Also, you need to put a link up so I can follow you :P

Jill said...

Another fun idea: I'll have you guest post on my blog. Ie you come and put a post on my blog of a project you've done or something and then people who read my blog will stop by yours to say hi. :)

L.A. said...

I like all those ideas! post a link? How do I do that...I'm so lame :)