Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Not all art can be duplicated

Teen Jazz "Boom" 2010
 Outstanding Choreography Award
Shine Dance Festival
Sadly, not all the art I make can be re created by anyone (thankfully). While I enjoy sharing crafting tips and recipes, there is one thing I do that is very dear to me that is not as easy for others to re create. I'm a dance teacher and choreographer so a lot of my art is dancing! I've been very busy the last couple of weeks putting together choreography for my students (hence the lack of posts). These students range in age from 12-15 years old and have been dancing for 4-10years. These are early clips of the rehersal process. At the end of this week I will post their dances as completed thus far (at least 2 are completely done choreography wise). Just a reminder these are dancers and dances IN REHERSAL. There are mistakes, brain farts, even me singing the lyrics because the CD I ordered didn't come in on time! Enjoy!



 
This is Emileigh.  She is 13 years old and this is a piece of her jazz solo (chorus)
Choreography: Leslie Nadon
Music: The Fame by Lady Gaga
 

This is a stage duet performed by Emileigh & Jewel.  Stage is like musical theatre, except that the dancers lip synch instead of singing.  It allows more freedom in the choreography.
Choreography: Leslie Nadon
Music: Marry the Man Today from the Broadway Musical "Guys & Dolls"

More to come!!!!

Jewel
 Stage Solo
 "It's Oh So Quiet"
2009/2010 Season

Holly
Modern Solo
"Cure For The Itch"
2009/2010


No comments: