Monday, September 13, 2010

Quick Mantle Dress Up

I know that I've been starting my posts talking about how fall is creeping up on us.  Well, I think it's official now.  Why?  Because I am drinking my FIRST Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks as I type!  And I couldn't be more happy about it.  Pumpkin spice is the bomb and if you haven't tried it, DO IT!  It's like pumpkin pie in a coffee.  Delish!

Anywho, with fall comes certain flora that are cheapest inexpensive that can really liven up your living space.  My fall favourite are Gladiolas.  I buy several bunches throughout the fall and put them in a 12" high cylindrical or rectangular vase.  Because these stems are so tall, I use them like this.....



Since the vase and stems are tall, I perch these lovelies on the floor.  They add a touch of drama and a pop of colour!  This is my favourite way to show off gladiolas!




I also have to mention my own Charlotte, as in Charlotte's Web.  I found her hiding in my window sill while I was cleaning windows yesterday-just Windex-ing the inside, let's not go crazy here!  I knew she wouldn't come out of her hiding place until night, but I managed to capture a couple of quick pics while she was rebuilding her web.




I think spiders are amazing.  Just to put things into perspective Charlotte's body is about the size of my big toe nail (or top thumb joint), so she's pretty big.  Luckily she's on the outside and I'm on the inside!  But she's perfect for Halloween-maybe she can do my decorating for me?

No comments: