Thursday, March 10, 2011

Advetures in Decoupaging





I have never decoupaged before, but from what I'd read, it seemed pretty easy.  So I had a brilliant idea when watching the luggage carousel at the Vancouver International Airport.  SO many people try to make their standard black suitcase stand out in a sea of black suitcases....but rainbow coloured suitcase belts are not my idea of cute.  So I thought it might be a good idea to create decals or stickers that I could create myself and apply to my plain old black suitcase.

So in true Leslie style, I started gung ho, clipping out images, thinking "boy this is gonna look so cute on my suitcase.  I have a big plastic bottom I can decoupage and I'll be able to tell my suitcase apart from everyone elses!"  So I gathered up the images I had found and got my glue and went upstairs to where my suitcase was waiting......only to realize that my (new) suitcase does not have a plastic bottom, like my old heavy suitcase. Dang! 
My brilliant plan was not so brilliant any more.

So I decoupaged on what little plastic existed....around the wheels and the bottom.
This isn't what I had hoped to create :( But hopefully this will help me find my bag a bit easier...since I'm headed to MEXICO tomorrow (Thursday!).  If I have time I hope to create my own cute fabric luggage tags-again to assist in finding my bag on the luggage carousel....
but probably not before I leave.

Our Resort!
If you're totally jealous of me, you should be!  I'm headed to the Dreams Villmagna Resort in Nuevo Vallarta Mexico! 
The Room! Complete with furnished balcony and outside Jacuzzi!

Ty & I will be down there for a week.  I've been indoor tanning to ensure I'm not totally see-through, and almost every inch of my body has been waxed in anticipation for the trip!  If you're a glutton for punishment, I'll post some of my pics when I get back!

1 comment:

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Jill sent me:) Yes, I am jealous and hope you're having a good time. How did the luggage work out?