Saturday, June 25, 2011

30 Days of Salad

OK that might be a bit of stretch, but I'm gonna give it a try....
maybe not 30 consecutive days!


I was talking to Ty the other night while we were enjoying our first summer meal outside on our deck, and I mentioned how I never really crave salads (the way I crave creamy pasta *drool*), but in the summer sometimes I really do want to eat salad.  I will mention at that time I was chowing down on a VERY delicious grilled chicken Caesar salad.  So as a joke I said "I should blog about salads-try to make 30 salads in 30 days".  This came out of me wanting to            1). loose weight for my upcoming wedding and....well that's mainly the reason.  But I also wanted to get out my rut, really try new things, especially new salads.  It's so easy to fall back on what you know, and then you get REAL tired with those recipes and never want to see them again. 

So here we are-30 Days of Salad.  Welcome to the party- and I promise it is gonna be a party.  I am gonna turn the world of salad upside down looking for delicious but easy to make salads that you will ACTUALLY want to eat!

So Sundays will be sanctioned as Salad Sunday's here at Try To Keep Up!   I will be looking to feature other great salads-so if  you want to jump on the salad train let me know.  I'll be looking for guest posts, features and great photos of sensational salads.  If you're interested in being a part of this celebration of salads, email me at westcoastleslie@gmail.com I'd love to include you!

Check back Sunday for my Creamy Lemon Romaine Salad with Grilled Salmon recipe!  And feel free to grab my button and share the salad love (I will get the code for it soon-for now just copy and paste if you don't mind!)

No comments: