Monday, July 25, 2011

Nachos...Flanders' Style

Ah yes, I knew it was only a matter of time before a Simpson's reference popped up on my blog!  I should note that Ty is a staunch Simpsons fan and we watch it regularly, even ru-runs.  Jill got him Homer slippers a few years back for Christmas, he's got a Simpson's trivia game (which I'm actually quite good at) and I think we have the Simpsons Movie on Blu-Ray....and you've got to admit that there are some great quotes that you use probably without even realising it.

One of those quotes happens to be from Episode 3 of Season 7.  It's the one where Lisa and Bart get taken away by child services only to be transplanted nextdoor with the Flanders!  There are actually a lot of funny moments from that episode...but I digress.



The point?  In the episode, Ned offers Bart & Lisa nachos, "yay!".....Flanders' style.  Do you know what "Nachos, Flanders' Style" are?  They are cucumber slices with cottage cheese!  And they are delish!  They are a perfect summer snack, with a great refreshing crunch of cucumber and the creamyness of cottage cheese.  Add a little salt and pepper and you're good to go. 

I dare you to try this some time-you'll fall in lov-diddly-ov!

No comments: