Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Nail Art Again

After so many people complimented me on my funky nails last week, I felt compelled to do another set.  Polka dots for spring!


I started by rubbing this Aveda Cuticle Control into my cuticles.  I  left it on for a bit and then washed my hands thoroughly.  



I used Sally Hanson "Commander in Chic" (left) as my base, Essie "Ladylike" (middle) for the polka dots and OPI Nail Envy as my top coat (far right).

First I started with the "Commander in Chic", with a solid two coats to create a nice even base.  I had wanted to put white polka dots on the grey/purple, but the original white colour I tried wasn't white enough.  I so decided to go with the pinky Essie colour.

I used a head pin and dipped it in the Essie colour and proceeded with the polka dots.  As anonymously suggested I did my right hand first and then the left hand.  Sadly this time around my right hand looks much nicer.  Weird!

Do you have any nail art designs you'd like to see me attempt?  Let me know by leaving me a comment!  Thanks so much for stopping by!


No comments: