Sunday, September 18, 2011

Salad Sunday

Well folks, we may or may not hit 30 Salads by the end of September, but hey, I know I've been inspired to try a few different recipes and really that's what I was aiming for!  So on this Salad Sunday I'm featuring my Corn, Tomato & Black Bean Pasta Salad.  Actually, this recipe is originally from Nadia Potts, former ballerina with the National Ballet of Canada.  Her recipe is served hot with crumbled feta cheese; I nixed the cheese and turned it into pasta salad.

Nadia Potts' Corn, Tomato and Black Bean Salad

What You'll Need
2 cans of kernel corn
1 large can of black beans
3 tomatoes, diced (You can use cherry tomatoes, halved)
2 green onions, minced
Fresh minced Cilantro (to your liking)
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
2-3 cups dry pasta

Cook the pasta al dente in salted water.  Chill pasta while you get the rest of the salad ready.

Dice tomatoes

 Add in corn


Add the black beans and stir to combine.

Then add in the cilantro, garlic and green onions. 

I would also recommend adding salt and pepper to your personal preference at this point.  Stir it all up into a lovely blend of colour and flavour!


Let this veggie mixture sit either at room temperature or in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.  Then mix the veggies with the pasta and chill for another 15 minutes. 

Then dig in!  I made a MASSIVE salad.  I think Ty and I had it for at least 3 meals each!  It keeps really well, especially if you don't overcook your pasta!  Let me know if you try this salad and what you think of it.  Bon Appetit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks really yummy, although I am afraid of cilantro!