Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Leftover Turkey Pot Pie

 
With Christmas just behind us, some of you might be wondering what to do with that leftover turkey!  Well, do I have the recipe for you! 
 
This recipe comes is from my sister Jill (Envirocraftiness).  It's from a collaborative cookbook that she made with the rest of her grade 8 class (over 15 years ago!)  So cute right?
 
What You'll Need
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 cups mixed veggies
I used onion, celery, carrots & broccoli
1 cup left over turkey
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1 Cup Betty Crocker Bisquick Baking Mix
 
HOW TO?
Preheat oven to 400 F.  
I briefly sauteed the veggies before putting them in the pie plate.  Since you're only going to bake this for 30 minutes, I thought it was a good idea.  Turns out I was right!

In a 9" pie plate mix soup, vegetables, and turkey
In a separate bowl, combine the milk, egg, and baking mix (man I love Bisquick!  If you've never tried this do-all baking mix I highly recommend you run out after reading this and buy some!)

  Pour this 'batter' mixture over the veggies creating a crust. 

 Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.



This is a whole meal deal, so don't feel like you need to add anything to this meal.  There are tonnes of vegetables and the crust is light and only on the top.
I forgot how good this recipe really is and how great it is to use up leftover turkey.  Especially because you can only eat hot turkey sandwiches and left over turkey buns for so long!

1 comment:

momto8 said...

yum! Everyone voted this one up! Thanks