Wednesday, March 14, 2012

It's a Keeper Thursday Linky Party!

It's a KeeperSo remember way back when, when I said I'd be hosting a linky party with the lovely Christina from "It's a Keeper"? It's a Keeper Thursday is a linky party Christina runs EVERY Thursday where you can show off your culinary skills.  I hang out there frequently. Anywho, Christina got sick and we rescheduled and I plum forgot until she sent me an email yesterday, reminding me that we rescheduled for today!  Eek!  I had big plans to blog about my first attempt making Beef Wellington (it really was an  adventure in cooking!)  But, since I'm posting this in the wee hours of the night (well for the East coast), I thought I'd do something a bit quicker!

 

Polenta Fries!
I can't rave enough about polenta fries.  I was out at a restaurant called the Cascade Room in Vancouver (BC Canada) about a month ago and ordered mussels (yum) and a side of polenta fries.  I had no idea what to expect, since I'd never ordered polenta anything before, but MAN was I blown away!  They were incredible.
 
So what did I do?  Headed out to my nearest grocery store and bought some polenta! I bought pre cooked/formed polenta.  Y'know, it looks kinda gross and it's in a tube?  Like this!
 
 
Then I cut the tube (ew) into half (or thirds) and cut little cubic fries.  Pop the fries on a baking sheet and sprinkle some fresh rosemary and parmesan cheese on them.  Stick 'em in the oven for 20 minutes, flipping them half way through! 
 


 
I highly recommend enjoying them with a side of curry mayo - which is exactly what you think it is, mayo or Miracle Whip with curry powder!  I just melt thinking about this meal.

 
Ok now onto the fun!  The par-tay! 
A couple of Christina's (and mine) ground rules.

* Follow It’s a Keeper and Try To Keep Up! 

* Your link should be a food or craft/project related item. Link up as many as you’d like!

* Add Christina's button to your sidebar or blog post – help spread the word!  I'd love it if you grabbed my buttong too.

* Be sure to check out some of the awesome posts that others have linked up! Let them know that It’s a Keeper (or Try To Keep Up!) sent you!  We all love getting comments, so spread a little love!

And how about a lovely round of applause for Christina, who pumps out It's A Keeper every Thursday.  If you're ever stuck for a meal idea Christina's blog is a great resource! 

PARTY LIKE A ROCKSTAR! 

     

    No comments: