Monday, September 24, 2012

Cream of Carrot Soup

This past weekend Ty was sick-actually sick.  Strep throat and the beginning of a tonsil infection.  So we had a very low key weekend.  And his sore throat allowed me to make one of my favourite soups.  My Aunty Dawn's Cream of Carrot soup!


Aunty Dawn is my Mum's youngest brother's wife.  I have known her for close to 20 years and is one of the craftiest ladies I know.  She inspires me to crank up my scrapbooking to the next level.  And this is her recipe!




Cream of Carrot Soup

1 medium onion, chopped
4 cups carrots, chopped
2 cups chicken stock
3 Tbls margarine
3 Tbls flour
salt & pepper to taste
1 tsp curry powder
4 cups milk

Chop the onion and carrot and toss in a big pot.  

Add your chicken stock and cook the vegetables until softened.


Toss the veggie mixture into a blender or food processor and puree until no lumps remain


Meanwhile, melt the butter over medium heat and add the flour to create a roué.  Add in the curry powder (more or less depending on your personal preferences) and stir.  Add in the milk and stir until combined.  Add salt and pepper to taste. Heat the milk until boiling and thickened.


Add in the veggie puree and stir to combine.  
Heat through and serve.


I had mine with croutons.  
Sometimes cream soups are a little plain.




MyMeatlessMondays

No comments: