Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Fajitas

I just keep making new recipes...and there are more to come!  But today I'm sharing a Fajita  recipe I found online over at Simply Recipes.  This recipe caught my eye because of the marinade.  Flank and skirt steak can easily be tough and close to inedible. BUT pop that baby in the fridge with a marinade and you're gonna be one happy camper.

What you need
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbls oil
juice of 1 lime
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 fresh jalapeño, seeded and chopped (I ended up using some pickled jalapeños)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro

In a large ziploc bag combine the above ingredients.  Pop in the meat and allow to sit at room temperature for 1 hour or in the fridge for longer.

Then I prepped all my peppers (that's almost a tongue twister).  I used 1 red and 1 orange pepper and a large onion.

Ok time to cook.  Plop that meat in a WELL HEATED skillet and sear for 5 minutes.



Flip it and continue to sear for another 5 minutes.  I found that that wasn't quite enough, so I did about another 3 minutes.  13-15 minutes total.

Then you gotta let your meat rest.  Put it on a plate and cover it with foil.  Your meat will continue cooking so no worries.

The dump your veggies into the pan.  I added some beef bouillion and taco seasoning to them.

Saute them until they are tender crisp.

Once the veggies are done cut up your meat.
My meat wasn't really this rare, it's just the photo :)
Then put it all together and chow down

Feel free to add sour cream, guacamole and/or salsa.  I added salsa, and it was super yummy!





No comments: