Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Citrus Summer Scrub

I told you I'd have more!  And man, has it been beautiful here!  An amazing start to May here on the Lower Mainland - the last couple of days have broken records.  I love the heat, Ty doesn't.  I was so inspired by the sunshine and lovely weather that I whipped up this citrusy salt scrub to perk up your summer skin!


What You'll Need
Coarse Sea Salt or Epsom Salts
Glycerin or Olive Oil
Grapefruit Essential Oil
Lime Zest

Scoop out your salt in the container you'll be putting the finished scrub in and dump it into a clean, dry bowl.


Add in your oil.  I like Glycerin because of it's humectant properties (it draws and holds moisture to the skin! woo hoo!)  But never fear you can add in olive oil with it too!  Stir it all up to make sure it's mixed well.  You don't want it too wet, it should look and feel like wet sand.



Then add in your essential oil.  I LOVE grapefruit.  It's such a fresh scent, so I'm pretty generous with it in this scrub.  Then zest a lime and add that in.  Seriously this is my favourite scent combo.  I don't know why more beauty lines don't put these two together, because they are just awesome!  

Give it one last final stir and pop it in your air tight container.  When you go to use it the first time it will probably have separated, so give it a swirl with a dry finger first to re-combine all the goodness.  It's quick and easy and makes a perfect Mother's Day gift.

Dragonfly Designs



1 comment:

Katy @ Lolly Linens said...

This sounds awesome, I can't wait to try it. Thank you so much for sharing.