Sunday, June 2, 2013

30 Days of Salad Sunday #4



Today I get to share my blog with one of my favourite bloggers.  Too bad I don't live in Southwest Montana because I think we'd be besties.  So without further ado, her she is.


Hello fellow Try to Keep Up Readers! My name is Halsey and I am the fingers typing away at a little blog called Spunky Junky. I started out my blog career doing DIY projects galore but since the arrival of children I spend most my days cleaning up toys and breaking up fights over memory cards. My husband and I are raising our two littles in Southwestern Montana where we enjoy all things outside and late night movie dates without kids in our living room.

Leslie so graciously asked me to tag along on her 30 Days of Salad feature and how could I not resist! About a half-a-year ago I decided to cut back on the amount of carbs and starches in my diet and switch to a more fresh food sort of lifestyle. Salads have become a go-to staple for me and I found that by adding an extra zing to somewhat bland salad that whole experience can change. You know what I mean?

The Strawberry Arugula Salad does just that. A little kick here with an extra punch of sweetness there makes it the perfect salad for summertime!



Ingredients
Mixed organic greens or arugula
Four fresh strawberries
1/4 cup watermelon
Half a mango
Small handful of crumbled feta cheese
Litehouse Pear Gorgonzola Dressing

Dice or mince fruits as to your liking. Mix ingredients together then top with Litehouse dress.  Enjoy!

Awe man, this looks SO good and so doable!  I can't wait to try to this salad soon!  Thanks so much Halsey.



1 comment:

Spunky Junky said...

You're too sweet! Thanks for inviting me to participate!

xoxox
Halz