Thursday, September 26, 2013

Something I'd Like to Share

I try not to go overboard with talking about too many personal things or sharing other people's blog posts here, but today I just gotta share this with you! Over the past several years I've been following and reading a lot of blogs and have felt a connection with some.   One blog I really enjoy is the Busy Budgeting Mama.  
What connected me even more to this blog was when I learned that Natalie (and her family) are Catholic, like me.  I find a lot of peeps out in the crafty, DIY blogosphere are Mormon, or Evangelical Christian - which are both great but hard for me to connect with sometimes because we don't have a shared history?  (Not that it really matters, to me God is God and if you have a spiritual relationship of some kind that works for you that's awesome!)  So not only do Natalie and I have a shared faith but she lost her best friend around the same time I lost my Dad.  I read (and re-read) EVERY post that Natalie wrote about the grief and suffering she went through losing someone who was so close to her heart.   It was comforting to have someone in a similar situation that I could relate to, even if in a very sad way.

The exciting news is that Natalie has turned that loss into something beautiful that I wanted to share.  She has written a book for mums who are grieving (or have experienced any form of loss).  
Over the past 2 years I have floundered through the grieving process.  I definitely don't cry as much now as I did at the beginning of 2012, but some days I get to thinking about how I will explain to my kids why they don't have a Grandpa Nadon.  The thought of trying to calmly, respectfully, and without breaking down into tears, talk about the loss of my Dad is something too difficult for me to imagine. Which is why a book like this is so great for anyone who has lost someone they love.

Yesterday would have been my Dad's 57th birthday. Dad was my cheerleader.  He was my Stage Dad.  When I was feeling unsure about my place in the world or what I should be doing with my life, he was the person I called.  I miss that I can't do that anymore. I mean we still talk, it's just different now :) As an adult, I feel like I need him more than ever.  But I'm so thankful that there is such a precious book, written by a truly sweet person that can help Mums (and future mums) explain their loss to and with their children.  Thank you Natalie!

For more information about Natalie, her story and her new book head on over to her website!  You can even pre-order your copy!

No comments: