Saturday, July 24, 2010

More Cards!

OK so I have a bit of an obsession with wooden stamps!  It started out innocently enough, then I found the $1 stamp bin at Michael's.....
  
This is just one of my shoe boxes.  I have this one, another with over sized stamps (on blocks about the size of my hand), then I have a clear stamp box with alphabets and other sets, and the fourth box is ink pads and my stamp cleaner.  I will admit at first I thought a stamp cleaner was over rated-
I WAS WRONG! 

I have used a couple different stamp cleaners.  Currently I'm using rangers Non-Toxic Acid Free Stamp Cleaner (Dabber Top). 
 It's water based and doesn't smell foul-like my last one which was supposed to smell like bubblegum (pictured).  It didn't.  It made me cough, and I'm not really a 'sensitive to smells' person.  It worked well, but I couldn't get over the smell.


Here are a few of my very favourite stamps (mostly from Michael's, but also from Paper Source in Bellevue WA and Impress Rubber Stamp in Bellevue Square Mall Bellevue WA)

Anyways, my stamp obsession leads me to making cards, which is a current favourite craft of mine.  So here are 2 more cards I made last weekend for a couple of friend's b-days.

Anna Banana Card

This card is for my friend Anna.  I just wanted something simple and pretty, plus I wanted to use my new stamp (Bliss) 
Unfortunately the purple dot ring is not quite perfectly centered around the piece of cake.  I'll get over it...... maybe.  The purple dot ring was a last minute stamping addition becuase I felt the original image, just the cake in the box, was too plain. 
I like the way it turned out.

The colour of the cardstock I used is a little deceiving.  It's a pastel yellow base, and the image is stamped on peach card stock with purple card stock in the corners.  I jazzed it up with 2 brass eyelets in the top left corner and bottom right corner which I attached with my Crop-a-Dile (LOVE!) 

Since I'm a messy crafter, I actually damaged the inside of the card (wet ink always ruins my cards!  I don't have a lot of patience)  But I think I saved it with this cool stamped message (pictured right).  I stamped a simple heart multiple times in different ink colours and wrote "Love from Ty & Leslie"; each word in a different heart.  I did a similar quick fix on the back.

Meagan B-Day Card


 

I don't know why these images are sideways.....needless to say I'm new to this whole blogosphere....whatever, turn your head sideways :)   

So usually I don't like to stamp on patterned paper because the stamped image often competes with the pattern.  In this case the pattern was so pale and non obtrusive (stripes) I thought it would work...and it did!!!!! YAY! 

First I stamped the roses at the bottom of the page and then used the same ink colours for the words above.  The right shows a close up of the roses.  I inked the entire stamp in the flower colour, then wiped off the stem and coloured the stem with Mr Sketch markers.  The rose on the right is entirely in Mr Sketch marker. 

I really love this card and I hope Meagan does too!

Items Used:
Mr Sketch Scented Markers
Archival Pigment Ink Pad Pearlescent Chocolate
Archival Pigment Ink Pad Rocket Red Gold
Portafolia Gifted Memories Premium Ink Pad Purplr
Crop-a-Dile Eyelet Setter
Kolette Hall designed for studio g Stamps-"dream"   http://kolettehall.wordpress.com/what-i-do/
Kolette Hall designed for studio g Stamps-"Bliss"
Kolette Hall designed for studio g Stamps-"shine"
Kolette Hall designed for studio g Stamps-"live"
Katie & co designed fo studio g Stamps- rosette with 2 leaves
Kolette Hall  Stamps-"Circle of Love"
Inkadinkado Stamp 96787 "cake slice with candle"

Ranger Non Toxic Acid Free Stamp Cleaner Dabber Top Water Based (pictured) http://www.rangerink.com/

No comments: