Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Bisquick Chicken & Broccoli Pot Pie

I LOVE this recipe. Last weekend I had made Lamb Goulash and beef stroganoff back to back and I realized I was falling back on making meals that consisted of a sauce and noodles or rice.  I was in a rut!  But what to make?  Then I remembered this super easy mock pot pit recipe!  Since you only have to bake it for half an hour you can be eating in 1 hour from starting!  So perfect!

WHAT YOU'LL NEED
 1package (10 oz) frozen broccoli
I never use frozen broccoli-always fresh.  You can use as much or as little as you like
1 1/3 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 Cups chunked cooked chicken breast
The last time I made this, I forgot to pre cook the chicken and tossed it in raw. It was totally fine!
2/3 Cup chopped onion
1 1/3 Cup milk
3 eggs
3/4 Cup Bisquick
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Heat oven to 400 F
Grease a 10" pie plate


Rinse broccoli (to thaw or wash).  If using fresh broccoli, cut into small bite size pieces.  Mix broccoli, chopped onion, cubed chicken and cheese in the pie plate. 









Beat milk, eggs, Bisquick, salt and pepper until smooth and pour over chicken mixture. 











Ensure to get the egg mixture throughout the pie plate.












Bake for 30-35 minutes until brown on top. 











You can add additional shredded cheese on top before baking! Yummy.

It's half quiche, half pot pie.  Serve with a fresh green salad! 








LINKING UP TO

5 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Leslie, this sounds soo good! I am going to put this recipe into my menu plan for next week!

Jill said...

YUM!! I love everything bisquik! lol This reminds me of the chicken pot pie we used to make, but better!! I think I didn't like that because it had frozen mixed veggies in it. Also, great tip about not pre-cooking the chicken... who knew?!

Anonymous said...

I love these kinds of recipes. Fast and easy. I just bought a new box of Bisquick last week too. Perfect timing!

Jill said...

Hey dude can you double check your quantities? I made it the other night and it didn't turn out as good as I thought. It was runny, and I even baked it longer!

Also, we should craft when you come out and put up some awesome posts on both our blogs!

L.A. said...

Hmmm, the quantities are right. But thinking back I had my oven on for a while (made Nuts n bolts before cooking) so my oven was hot, and is hotter than other ovens.....I'm so sorry it was runny! I also let my pie sit before I cut into it, cuz it keeps cooking even when you take it out!