Friday, September 7, 2012

Mango Cucumber Salsa

I know I know.  I haven't posted in a long time. Well there's a very good reason for that.  
I got married! 

Photo credit Randal Kurt Photography

Yup I'm a Mrs!  A very proud and happy Mrs!  Oh and then I went to Bora Bora.  I've been a busy bee.  And I can't wait to post all about my wedding and honeymoon.  I DIY'd a lot of wedding stuff, but today I had to share a delicious new recipe!

Jaime Oliver's Mango and Cucumber Salsa

What You'll Need
1 ripe mango
1/2 english cucumber
2 green onions
1 red or green chilli (I used fresh jalapeño)
4 sprigs of mint
2 limes
extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper

Peel and roughly chop your mango into salsa size pieces.  Peel and chop your cucumber into similar size pieces as the mango.  Take your mint leaves and green onions and chop them together.  I couldn't find chills at my grocery store so I bought fresh jalapeños (I have a sa-weet recipe to use jalapeños which I will post later).  I finely minced 1 1/2 fresh jalapeños and added that to the mint and onions and then added to the fruit and veggies.  Stir to combine and then drizzle with EVOO to your personal taste.  Juice your limes and add the juice to the combination and stir.  Season with salt and pepper if you so desire.



Mmmmm!  So fresh, so crisp.  A great weekend treat on this hot September weekend.  I paired this with a Spicy Gingie (1 1/2 ounces Captain Morgan Spiced Rum toped with Canada Dry Ginger Ale).  Shout out to my bro in law for that lovely adult beverage :)  Don't' diss it until you try it!

No comments: