Sunday, October 28, 2012

Mediterranean Chicken

This is the second time I've made this recipe.  Tyler didn't love it the first time I made it, but I think he liked it more second time around.  It's easy and super tasty, although it's one of those recipes you don't always have the stuff on hand to make.

What You'll Need
2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup flour
fresh cracked pepper
2 tbl oil (I use the oil from my artichokes)
1/2 cup (more or less) white wine
squeeze of lemon juice
1 large can of artichoke hearts 
1/3 cup sundried tomatoes in oil
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbl parmesan cheese (optional)

Cut the chicken into bite-sized chunks.  Combine the flour and fresh cracked pepper in a large Ziploc bag.  

Add the chicken to the bag and shake to coat.  


Place the oil in the pan and heat.  Add the chicken to the pan and cook 2-3 minutes turning, until the chicken starts to brown. (I feel like you should sear the chicken so it has a crispy bite)


Stir in the wine and cook over medium heat for another 2-3 minutes until the liquid is slightly reduced.  
I may or may not have used the whole jar of artichokes!  
Yes the whole litre!

Squeeze lemon juice over the chicken and stir in the artichokes and sundried tomatoes, salt (I don't use any, artichokes are salty enough)  and pepper.  Cook until done (probably 5 minutes).  


Remove from heat and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if you want.  I serve this over rice, but it's equally good with noodles.


Make sure you don't go over board with the sundried tomatoes.  I did the first time I made it and that was a bad choice.  For some crazy reason sundried tomatoes are totally potent and their flavour can really be overpowering.  So don't go crazy with those tomatoes!  Other than that it's all good.  


Keeping It SimpleSumo's Sweet Stuff



No comments: