Monday, October 28, 2013

When One Door Closes....

You know, you hear people say that, "When one door closes, another one opens".  There's also the idea that if you ask for something, put your thoughts out to the Universe, that they will be answered.  Boy howdy! 
Did the Universe just give me a big slap in the face.

OK, so a little back story before we get to the exciting stuff.  This fall I lost a whole day of teaching dance - 5 hours of work/week.  I went from expecting a work week of over 20 hours to a week less than 20 hours.  It was a tough blow and I wasn't sure how I was going to handle it, especially financially.  But I found the silver lining - having Tuesdays off meant I had a whole day to crochet and prepare for the Crafty Affaire Christmas Market.  

And then I got an email.  An acquaintance of mine liked my Facebook page and saw the boot cuffs I'd been working on.  She owns a shoe store in Edmonton Alberta. She asked me if I could make some boot cuffs for her to sell in her store.  And maybe some scarves....I jumped at the chance!  So I got working.  Then yesterday my yoga studio posted on Facebook they were looking for someone to teach a knitting class.  I answered back that I don't knit, but I'd be happy to teach a crochet class, and well one thing led to another..

So I'm happy to announce that starting in November you will be able to purchase West Coast Leslie Designs crocheted apparel at Modern Sole in Edmonton Alberta and Vayusha Yoga in South Surrey BC!  I want to thank Lauren and Candi for their support and partnership as I move forward with my business.

Also for anyone who is local, Vayusha Yoga will be offering a Community Crochet Class starting on Sunday November 3rd-December 1st, taught by yours truly.  You can register through the yoga studio and I'd love to see you there!

No comments: